© 1999-2017
Man From Mars Productions

Franklin M. Doolittle
obg logo

  Doolittle's Amplifone

Before Franklin M. Doolittle formed the Doolittle Radio Corporation and applied for a license for radio station WPAJ in New Haven, his company manufactured various types of radio equipment in the early 1920s.

The Amplifone was a loudspeaker that could be attached to a radio receiver. It was later altered and advertised as the Audimax in 1922.

Click for more on WDRC founder Franklin M. Doolittle.
closeup of the metal plate attached to a Doolittle Amplifone
closeup of the metal plate attached
to a Doolittle Amplifone

Amplifone manufactured by the F.M. Doolittle Company of New Haven, Connecticut
photo courtesy of John Doolittle
 
  Doolittle Amplifone ad in the December 1920 issue of Radio News, p.367
Radio News for December 1920, p.367
 
Man From Mars site WPOP site return to top home